Wednesday, February 24, 2016

47

47
WITHOUT going out of your door,
You can know the ways of the world.
Without peeping through your window,
You can see the Way of Heaven.
The farther you go,
The less you know.
Thus, the Sage knows without travelling,
Sees without looking,
And achieves without Ado.
Translated by John C. H. Wu
Interpretation by Bill Bernsen

HUB

Be a spoke 
On the wheel
Travel around
Without leaving 
The hub/home  
Don’t trust others
Trust my heart
It is the 6th sense
First get to know 
My own heart 
Once I know myself
Then I can travel 
Use my senses 
To know others
This is Tai Chi Chuan  
Follow heart 
The heart
 Follows nature 
A picture is worth 
1000 words
Words describes
The picture
The less I know
The less intent
To be right
I know
Without using
My senses
I can know the world
Including
Seeing heaven


The road 
Less traveled
Causes less 
Dust/pollution
Stay at home
Journey
Elsewhere 
With the heart
Things appear
People visit
Do not know 
Who calls 
They just show up 
If I really need them 
This applies
 To students/collectors
If I am calm 
At home 
"It" will come 
But if traveling 
Dust left behind 
Blocks my view 
Of home
So stay at home ado
Arm stretch exercise
For the thorax
The porter making 
The load equal
Finding the fulcrum
Of the heart
Remaining behind 
Humble
But apprehensively
Staying ahead
Like a spring  
Press it down 
Feel it wanting 
To go up
Feel the same 
In life
Always going 
Humbly lower
At the same time 
Want to spring forward
Because the Masters 
Have seen all the ways 
Of the world
I can stay at home
Open heart 
See everything 
Thru the Masters eyes
Vicarious vision
Push hands 
Can be know
Without doing 
Push hands
Do slow set
Imagine an opponent
Will always win 
More control 
Of intent
Apprehension 
Is not going 
Outside of self
True apprehension
Higher spirit
Deeper root 
The further I go
From Slow Set
The less I know
Without doing
 Push hands 
I can know 
Self-defense 
Just do slow set 
Undo human reaction 
Return 
To animal instincts
Without reading 
Grandmaster Tung Ying-chieh’s journal
I can know 
What is in it
By getting a new feeling 
Each day
Must go outside
To see that 
I do not need
To go outside
Go to camp
To see why 
I do not need
To go to camp
Do not travel out
Of my head
Stay in
My heart 
Without going 
To class 
I get corrections 
From the Masters
Because I am 
Connected
 To the Masters
They are inside me 
Making correction
Even though 
They are years away 
In the past 
Miles away
But still in the present
Directing me 
to the future 

Connect 
To undo/redo 
To anew 
Because the Masters
Have seen 
All the ways
Of the world
I can stay at home
With open heart
See everything
Thru the Masters eyes
Feel the fulcrum 
Anywhere
The point between 
Yin/yang 
Between people 
Places 
Always is the point 
The further I go  
From my heart 
The less
I will know
Senses 
Without touching
Focus 
Without watching
Do 
Without doing
I must 
Kow Tow 
To the Master 
Then if worthy 
Master 
Will Kow Tow 
To me 
By teaching me
First
I must travel 
To show Master 
In body/spirit 
Then if I am 
Worthy 
He will travel to me 
In spirit/mind
It must be circular 
Master gives to me 
I return it 
As time goes on 
More and more
Energy is circulated 
Traveling 
Is like entertainment
It is not needed
Without going out 
Of my body 
I can know
 Tai Chi Chuan
Computer 
Of the mind
Computer 
Of the imagination 
Without going
To Master’s class
I know the corrections
I am always 
I his class
Without going 
To camp 
I can know 
Tai Chi Chuan 
I am worthy 
Without dying 
I can
Visit 
Dead Masters 
Of the past
Connected 
To the Masters
Stay here
For the Masters 
Have already
Traveled for me
Stay at home 
The Masters 
And students 
Will come 
Without leaving 
My present location 
I can know all
The computer/internet 
Is within me
All that was ever
Or will ever being
Is in within me 
Thanks to the Masters
Stay inside myself
Listen
Find the fulcrum
I am the fulcrum
Reach 
Without anchoring 
Results in going 
Off balance 
Think it 
Don’t do it 
The internet takes
Me too far
The lineage wants 
To take
Me too far
So I will return
To hollow 
Which might
Be too far
The other way
Each time 
A student
Is proven 
To be worthy 
Becoming connected 
To the lineage
A new universe 
Is created 
The student has all 
The knowledge 
The universe ever 
Created 
And ever will 
Be created
Listen 
To Masters 
See the universe 
In one gesture
Proof the Masters
Are with me
Stay within
My mind
For my mind
Is the universe
Just think it 
Don’t say it 
Or do it 
The universe 
Is within me 
I am a new universe 
When I practice
Must find 
The hollow 
Joint first
With the use of gravity
Then spirit can
Fill it with ideas
If I know 
Myself inside 
Then I know others 
Without wearing 
Their thoughts
The Tao 
Is within me
The farther 
That I go outside
The less I understand
Once I know self
Then I expand
To encompass outside
Without going outside
Concentrate 
On now
Don’t let mind 
Travel
To the past or future
The now is a bellows 
Between the past and future
Work the bellows
If I am open then 
I will feel 
What is right 
I am a microcosm 
Everything outside 
Me is a macrocosm  
What happens inside 
Also happens outside 
Outside influences inside
Results in Infinity 
Understand 
One gesture
Understand all 
Gestures
The farther I go 
The less I know 
The Masters 
Will come 
To me 
They have to 
If the art 
Is to continue 
The farther
 I go 
From the Master
The less I learn
If I do go outside myself 
It means
I am not connected 
To the Masters 
Once I am truly connected  
If I go outside
It is the way 
To learn about others
And it is probably 
A test
Surveying
 The future
Is the universe
Tai Chi Chuan 
Is the subjugation 
Of mind 
Over matter 
Learn to hear
With ears
Learn to hear 
With mind
Learn to hear 
With spirit
Spirit 
Passively 
Accepts
The internal realm 
Echoes 
Surroundings
This is established 
In the heart 
Staying home
Means 
Fasting
The traveling body
Listen 
For the spirit 
Of the person or thing 
Arrive 
Without intent 
Reaches 
Push hands
Virtue  
I have already 
Been there
In previous life
Connected 
To everything
In the universe
Past, present and future
In Tai Chi Chuan
Ching/Chi/Shen 
Three things 
In slow set 
It is all 
Confidence is 
To be found 
In alignment
Mistakes shaped 
In force application
Senses 
With touching
Focuses 
Without watching
Kow Tow 
To the Master
Then if worthy
The Master will 
Kow Tow to me
Hence I do not have 
To travel
He will travel to me
First thru workshops 
Then the mind
It must be circular
The Master gives 
To me 
 I return it to Master 
As time goes on 
 More and more energy 
Is circulated 
Without going 
Out door 
Or peeking
 Thru window 
Can know 
The way of the
Universe
I am the universe 
Without going out 
Of my heart 
I can know
The body 
I can know
Others and surrounds
The computer
The imagination
Tai Chi Chuan
From a connection
To the Masters
And nature
See the fulcrum
In nature
Thru the eyes 
Of the art 
Computer/internet
Connected to lineage
They know 
See all
Past/present/future 
No need for library
Use home computer
Without going outside
Once connected 
To Masters
Camp/seminars are
Not necessary 
Using the Tai Chi circle
Focus
Receive what 
Person/object
Has been thinking
First Kow Tow to it 
Support it 
So it will not resist 
Once I connect 
To the lineage
No need to travel
Outside my studio 
Sleep
Heartfelt lineage
Heartfelt gestures
Not attending
Master’s workshop
Confirmation
Of worthy connection
To the lineage
Only if worthy
And connected 
To lineage
Life
In 3 stages
  1. Accumulate
  2. Organize
  3. Eliminate
Enough said
The worthy
Need not
Wander
Can be applied
To the past 
And future
Spirit/gravity
Masters/China
Connection
Conduit to all
Computer time
Micro/macro
Is imagined

Eternal 

Elevator

The lineage

Will keep

My life in alignment

Staying at home

Look

Outside

From 

Inside

Recall/Record

Tai Chi Dreams

They are part 

Of practice too

Hollow
Heart

While Stalking

For the known

And unknown

The worthy

Can attend

Masters’

Tai Chi Chuan

Dream

Classes

Sojourn  

Deep within

Imagine

That which is 

Beyond

Intuition 

Once found

To be worthy

Wisdom

Will derive

From nature

Within

Future

Is folly

If not presently

Rooted 

In the past

Intuition 

5 senses

Traveling

Using 

6th sense

For insight

Tai Chi Chuan

Way of

Passive/virtuous

Paradoxical

Fist

3-9-24


 

 

 

 

 

Translate