Wednesday, February 24, 2016

79

79

WHEN a great wound is healed,
There will still remain a scar.
Can this be a desirable state of affairs?
Therefore, the Sage, holding the left-hand tally,
Performs his part of the covenant,
But lays no claims upon others.
The virtuous attends to his duties;
The virtueless knows only to levy duties upon
 the people. The Way of Heaven has no private affections,
But always accords with the good.

Translated by John C. H. Wu

Interpretation by Bill Bernsen


HEAL



When wounded
There is pain
Chi is blocked
The process
Of healing
There still remains
Some pain
As when first wounded
This means the chi
Has broken thru
Many students
Have lots
Of wounds
Both mental/physical
Thru Tai Chi Chuan
These wounds
Can be healed
But must endure
The healing pain
The deepest
Most serious wounds
Will heal first
Look back thru past
Find all the attacks
On my being
To heal means to
Undo the wound
First heal self
Then others
Perhaps
This is the reason
I went thru
A few students rate
Had to heal
Myself first


Penetrate/perpetrate
The Masters
They will
Penetrate/perpetrate
me
Do not let anything
Get in the way of
Connection
To the Master
Stay aligned
With them
Find alignment
Both physical/spiritual
Once aligned
Master energy
Arrives
Avoid conflict
Have no scars
If challenged
Responding
With an attack
Causing injury
There will
Always remain
A scar
On both
Challenged
Turn the other cheek
Tai Chi Chuan
Neutralize
The attack
Results
No scar
Cover scars
It is the Chinese way
Masters have no
Private affections
Only to continue
The art
So they always
Connect to
The virtuous
My arm tumors
Leaves a scar on
My thoughts
Of the sun
Worrying
Forgive/forget
The lineage
Adheres to
My obligations
Recording
Tai Chi Chuan process
For the world
My job!
Stop neglecting it
The lineage
If I prolong it
It maintains me
Negate resentment
Part of undoing
Don’t be vindictive
It causes evil intent
This means
Not following
But rather leading
To defeat
This path only causes
More wounds
Hence death
Keep faith
Even if opponent fails
To keep theirs
To be right
Is to be right
To be wrong
Is also right
In some cases
If the Masters
Keep their faith in me
Even if I lose mine
I always have theirs
To fall back on
Bad memories
Linger
How do I dislodge them
Time/space
Will tell
After going thru
Changes (healing)
There remains
The memory
This is recalled
During a certain
Body positions
In other words
A certain setting
Brings sadness
Or happiness
Do not lay claim
To help others
Thru their changes
If I do
I am giving both
More scars
Just follow
The good
Do not follow
The bad
The group practice
May heal the riff
Be sure not to look
At the scars
A bad
Idea/thought/action
Remains
So do not
Do it
In the first place
This is solving
Problem
While it is small
Always assume
The inferior position
Following
The intent
The Master
Can heal
Only the physical
It is up to me
To heal
The mental/emotional
I have proven
To the Masters
That what I am going
Is for them
And their art
Hence
They preserve me
Search for others
Center of gravity
Hide my c.o.g.
During push hands
Think more
Of the good/positive
Don’t dwell
On the bad
Past/present/future
I owe the Masters
Every thing
They owe me
Knowing
Resentment
Impedes
Tai Chi Chuan
Resenting
A poor posture
Take away from
The current gesture
Try to get opponent
To resent
A mistake
If I perpetuate
The Masters
They will me
Negate regret
Just think about
Good moments
With the student
Tai Chi Chuan
Is passive
How do I
Heal scars
Thru Tai Chi Chuan
Ward-off, rollback, press and push
Past failed
Students
Are scars
Use energy
On present students
If they can
Penetrate me
I can penetrate them  
Negate ego/intent
Be passive
Be apprehensive
Tai Chi Chuan
Perpetuates
If worthy


Vicious or virtue
The scar can be
No problem
If I am constantly
Working on
New ideas/feelings
It can be
Totally ignored


Vicious gestures
Bitterness linger
Settle the dispute
In favor
Of the school
Even if it means
Losing face
Jing/Chi  
Preserves  
The worthy
Shrewd/shadow
Student
Lose their way
Virtuous students
Use the light
Of certainty
Stick/adhere/listen/follow
Masters’ plan
Once connected
I am reeling silk
Tai Chi Chuan form
Is the reckoning
Given
By the Masters
Students that
I cannot penetrate
Fail and leaves
Then a scar
Some will penetrated me
And will leave
Me scared
The worthy student
Is given
The Chinese treasure
And he in turn
Bestows
It upon
Worthy students
Let Masters
Speak thru me
Masters
Always teach
The worthy
Hold firm to their words
It is well worth it
Hitting someone
Causes resentment
Running away
Also causes resentment
Best to stay
And neutralize
Tai Chi Chuan
Is passive
Watching a student
Build on the good
Always give
To students
Never take
The Masters
Show no favor
Always side with good
Not bad
Having a grudge
Against self
About a past
Bad thing
Will interfere
With the Masters
Trying to give
Something new
Watch Masters  
Way of harmonies
Conflicts
The scar
Is the way
To concentrate
On self
Do not pressure
Others
To conform
To my shortcomings
Remorse
Remains
When I blame others
Virtue is victorious
When victory
Is over self
Good for me
Previous gesture
Wrong
Resentment
Negates the present
Must forget self
Follow others
Listen to energy
Focus on the now
To follow the future
Do not instruct
Student/teachers
Unless asked
Or ordered
By lineage
Who favor
The worthy
Save others
Face first
Shows virtue
Master gives
No favors
But permanently
Sides with
The worthy
Garnered grief
Arouses resentments
Release/return
To the beforehand
As the lineage
Penetrates
Practice
Becomes perfect
Ward-off/rollback
Press/push
A grievance
Is good  
Disseminate
Rejuvenation 
Saving face
Others first
Then mine

Malpractice

Protects

The art

From

 Unworthy

3-9-22


 

Translate