Wednesday, February 24, 2016

17

17
THE highest type of ruler is one of whose existence
 the people are barely aware.
Next comes one whom they love and praise.
Next comes one whom they fear.
Next comes one whom they despise and defy.
When you are lacking in faith,
Others will be unfaithful to you.
The Sage is self-effacing and scanty of words.
When his task is accomplished and things have been
 completed,
All the people say, "We ourselves have achieved it!"
    Translated by John C. H. Wu
   Interpretation by Bill Bernsen



APPREHENSION


Where there is intent
There is apprehension
Tai Chi Chuan
Master hesitates
Don’t say it
Just think it
If the student 
Is open 
He will respond
If I say 
Senses cannot 
Be trusted
It must appear 
To the student 
That he thought 
Of it himself
Confirmation that 
He is listening 
When there 
Is force
There is a response
Thus the Tai Chi Chuan 
Student 
Is apprehensive
People 
Hardly realize
All the Masters
Are here
If students 
Don’t feel 
They achieved 
It themselves 
They have 
Not connected 
To the Masters
In their mind 
Destroy 
Stupid words 
Before they exit
My mouth 
Think before I say 
Same with poor 
Tai Chi Chuan gestures 
First
Know myself
Then know others
Then others 
Are aware of me
Then others 
Know themselves
With my help 
Thru Tai Chi Chuan
If a student
Says I achieved 
It myself
Look to his teacher
If a student is good
Look to their teacher
Some even learn 
From nature
The ultimate teacher
Giving 
New ideas
To the Master
Not taking credit
Is the premier student
High level 
Of learning 
Is learning 
From the past Masters
Next
The live Master
Next
Physically merge
 With the Master 
Build a school 
Students will come
Even if I am 
Scarcely known
Only earth 
Can give 
Me energy
  Masters give 
Me the spirit
To use the energy
They happen 
Each morning 
New feelings
New idea
Masters are at 
The highest level 
Because few 
Are connect to them
To hold them down
Do not advertise
Studying with 
Another teacher 
Shows a lack of faith
In present teacher 
When I doubt 
My art/student
My art/student 
Will not inspire me
If they do not say
We did it yourselves
Means I am 
Not teaching
Via the Masters
If I lack faith 
In my lineage
Students will 
Notice it
No longer 
Lacking faith 
In my form 
Because the Masters 
Are doing 
The form thru me
Thrust my teacher
And my student 
Will trust me
My job 
Is to get the students 
Aligned 
With Masters/China
If they are worthy
Only the Masters 
Decide worthiness
Lack faith
Masters 
Will ignore 
Masters barely exist
To the unconnected
One sign
Of a student’s 
Non-connection
They refer 
To the Master
By just his first name
Or last name only
Must use full name
With the word Master
Most 
Are barely aware 
Of the Masters
I am not lacking 
In faith 
I get corrections 
From the Masters 
To continue the art
Masters 
Quietly correct
I am praised
By few students
Feared
By some 
Despised
Defied
By those 
Not connected
To the Masters 
Guide students
Via the Masters
Trust in the art
The best 
Gesture/application 
Is one that is not felt
Has no intent
If a student 
Doesn’t have faith 
In the art 
They will not learn 
With me
Merge with 
The Universal energy
Will be one with all
That ever was
Or ever will be
Master of all
That I encounter
In time
 Only new students 
Worthy/faithful
Will show up
Student/teacher 
Understands 
The art
I have achieved 
It myself 
Few truly 
Know Masters
Those lacking 
In faith 
Will not continue
The best artist 
Is one who is  
Barely known 
Masters 
Are unknown
Nature 
Is unknown
Spirit 
Is the highest
Type of ruler
People are barely 
Aware of it
Some students
Study 
With the Master
And fear they are 
Not getting 
Everything 
This is do 
To the lack faith 
They are in hurry
And usually fail
They defy Master 
Because of a lack 
Of faith
Masters job
Is to keep 
Student on 
Right track 
Drifting off the track 
Every once and a while 
Is usually a test 
Student gets too far 
Off track 
It is up to the student
Not the Masters 
To get back on track 
Many students do not
Because they are 
Not suppose too
The reason 
The Masters’
Information
 Is the same
As learning 
From nature
Because the Masters
Learned from nature
Passing it on
Master
People merely know 
One exists
Where to find Master
Most difficult 
Just open up 
Listen 
Find the Master  
Show intent
To be good
When someone says
They understand
I believe them
I felt it in them 
But they are feeling it
In a different way
Causing me
To be fooled
And they
Fool themselves

The words
 That do come
Are true for
Past/present/future
Can be specify applied
To the subject
For they are words
From nature
And nature is 
Always right
When the new 
Idea/feeling 
Is truly understood 
That idea 
Is part of me
Master goes on 
To the next idea
Believe that we though 
Of it ourselves 
Want to practice
Another martial art
Go ahead
But the Master
Will not be with me
This is why people
Lose faith
In their teachers
Because they feel that
The Master is not
With them
They are accurate
When students 
Are unfaithful 
They do not receive 
The knowledge
Master 
Only teaches
Those who study
With their hearts
Doing other martial arts
Or taking other ideas
This pushes away
The Masters
Who
Only have
So much room
Application 
Is going 
From form 
To function
Without intent 
Master 
Commands
Student’s devotion
Some will lose conviction
Don’t study
Other martial arts
Follow instincts
The past
Return 
To the original
Slow Set 
Alignment 
With spirit/gravity
Energy can move 
Thru me
It is impossible
To get a single idea
From the Master
If not connected
When teaching
If I have the slightest doubt
About the student’s
Ability to learn
They will not learn
Idea touches idea 
Produces understanding
Difference between
Doubt and unfaithful
Be cautious of
Those students
Who need followers
Master 
Is one 
Whose is scarcely  
Recognized
Master puts his energy 
Into their students 
Not superficial things
Like fame or fortune 
Listen to self
If the answer 
Is true for me
It will be true
For others
The goal is to 
Find the answers
On their own
By listening
When students
No longer
Comes to class
But continue learning
At a high level
They are getting it
Their selves
Then my work 
Is done
Find teacher
Learn form
Remember form
Learn something 
New each day  
Is Tai Chi Chuan
Have faith 
In the Masters
They will have
Faith in me
I get the new idea 
Myself
But I know it 
Really come 
From the Masters
When something 
Happens
Good or bad 
Most aren’t aware 
That the Masters 
Caused it 
This can be true
For the moment
Hour, day, week, month, year, life time
There is a human 
Tenancy
To love/praise
If it is a good thing
If it is bad
Despise and fear 
Not aware
Did it myself
Return 
To the simplicity 
In slow set 
Yin and yang 
Harmoniously
Working on myself
Not interfering 
With others
Too much yang
Don’t get it 
To others
Unless it is 
Asked for
Nature will take 
Care of it
If others feel it 
They love/praise me
If it hurts or feel ill
They fear me
Something wrong
If he is not listening 
Does not work on it 
He despises/defies me
If I lack faith in
What I am teaching
The student will too
Lack of faith 
Is Reluctant 
Self defense
Knowing 
The same Master
But at different levels
First I must
Open my heart
To the Master 
Otherwise I cannot 
Hear him 
Or know him
Once I open 
My heart
I love/praise him
When he gets me 
Open further
I start to fear him
He is removing old self
This causes me 
To despise him
Really it is in me
For the Master 
Is a mirror
In all these stages
Each student 
Must relate 
To the Master 
In their own why
Perhaps
The Master 
Goes thru 
The 4 stages
Regarding each student
I am my own 
Master
Going thru
 The 4 stages
1 know myself little
Love myself
Fear myself
Despise myself
A word 
From the Master 
I barely understand 
His word
Love his word
Fear his word
Despise his word
When all is said 
And done 
The individual says 
He did it himself
For he did
Barely know I exist
Means under them
Looking over me
The lineage 
Effect is 
Over school 
Daily life too 
Guidance is there
But elusive 
I have confidence 
In my progress
It is communicated 
Thru practice
Guides students 
Via the conduit 
From the Masters
Just let them go 
They will return
If they are worthy 
Strength 
Contingent 
On me
Opponent’s weakness 
On him
The ultimate idea
Is yet unknown 
But in plain sight
It can be discovered 
In slow set
Don’t look 
For credit
Look 
For results
Change with change
Can it also mean 
Adjusting
To environment
The secret 
To push hands
Cannot see
 Jing/Chi
In a coil spring
Master can see it
In me
Teaching 
Of opening
Thorax/pelvis
Student feels it 
Loves/praises me
If it hurts 
Feels sick 
Fears it
If not listening 
Does not work on it 
Despises/defies me
Lack in faith
In what I am teaching
Student will too
Faith
Loyal 
Sincere
Trust
Key 
To the connection
To the Master 
Is faith 
In what they are giving 
No doubts
Best leader
Is one
I am are barely aware
But always there
Students 
Will experience 
All the following 
At one time or another
Love/praise
Fear
Despise/defy
Be reluctant 
With corrections
Students should 
Believe that they discovered 
Corrections themselves
Learn 
To discriminate
Knowledge coming in
Learn to ward off news
Isolation while learning
About self
If the words 
Are not perfect 
For the situation 
Then hold back
A single word
From the Master 
Can have 
As many meaning 
As he has students
More words spoken 
More meaning 
And confusion 
Among the unworthy
Students 
Keep the faith
Problematic
Just put heart into it
It will soften
Faith can be shown
In form practice
The teacher 
Shows 
No intent 
They are like water
Everyone knows 
That water 
Is everywhere
But don’t really
Talk or think
About it 
Unless they 
Are thirsty 
Thirst = intent
Teach students 
By silently trusting
Each worthy student
I have done well
If they give me
No credit
For their insights
This is because
I am not adding
To their knowledge
But taking away 
The dust
Nobody 
Likes to have things
 Taken away
Some will despise/defy 
The Master
Some will fear 
The Master
Some love Master
Some will barley be
Aware of the Masters
All above comes
From the student’s 
State of mind 
It is what is in them 
That causes it 
And not the Master 
Teacher must have 
Total trust 
In his teaching 
To get thru ruff times 
With his students
When the student says
We did these ourselves
The teacher becomes 
Barely known
The Master 
Does not
Give off 
A personal intent
Only his artist intent
To those who are connected
Hence more are unaware
He even exists
The Masters 
Will not give much
Just enough to keep
Student interested
A lot of people quit
But the Masters will
Never quit 
The worthy student
They will test 
To see 
How students 
Are fairing 
Always be aware
That I am undoing
My old self
Loosing something
This cause
The uneasy feeling
If I don’t want 
Somebody around me
Just lack
Faith in them
This is thinking
Them away
If I have faith
In my teacher
His teacher will have
Faith in me
This will double
My learning
Learn from the history
Of the art
The apparent reason
There seems to be
Total freedom
Is a test to see if I can
Govern myself
Also to see 
I practice
 On my own
This shows that here is
A connection
To the Masters
Then I can say 
I achieved it
On my own
When teaching 
There will be students
Who despise/defy me
Fear me
Love and praise me
And finally become 
Barely award of me
The criteria is faith
Be like a halo 
Circling above others
Few can 
See the halo
Chi/water = ideas
Some ideas are like dew
Other like Rain
And some like snow
Why?
Don’t I know
Teach in a way
So students believe
They thought 
Of it themselves
They will learn faster
Retain more
They must be conscious
Of their movement
Should be able 
To measure
Their progress
Only when asked
Then answer
Other can think it 
Without saying it
Tai Chi Chuan 
Empowers
Hearing 
Without ears
The unworthy
Are unaware
Of the lineage
Masters protect me
From family/friend/foes 
When student/teachers
Believe they achieved it
Themselves they are either
Disconnected or 
Totally connected
It is revealed
In their students
The unworthy
Are unaware
Don’t worry
About them
When a student
Has doubt
It is a sign
Of unworthiness
And no connection
To the lineage
The unworthy
Lack faith
In the Master
The worthy
Are faithful
Discerning
Directing
Developing
Have faith
In future
Fulcrum 
Jealousy
Slows
Progress
Master/student
Odyssey

When students

Don’t connect

To the Master

He does not

Connect to them

Fame is a bee

It has a song

It has a sting

Ah too, it has a wing

              Emily Dickinson

Lacking

In faith

Becomes

Deceitful

The secret

To Tai Chi Chuan

Is seeking

To be unknown

Have faith

In future form

Practice

Conviction

In each

Gesture

Faithful

Gestures

Applications

Flourish 

Worthy

Warrior

Faithful

To past

Present

Future

Lineage sees

An epiphany

During practice

Shows evolution

Of the art

Estrangement

From lineage

Results in

Disaffection of 

Corrections 

The only fear

8-4-23


 

 

 

 

 

 


  

 

Translate