Wednesday, February 24, 2016

80

80

AH, for a small country with a small population!
Though there are highly efficient mechanical
contrivances, the people have no use for them. Let them
mind death and refrain from migrating to distant places.
Boats and carriages, weapons and armor there may still
be, but there are no occasions for using or displaying
them. Let the people revert to communication by
knotting cords. See to it that they are contented with
their food, pleased with their clothing, satisfied with
their houses, and inured to their simple ways of living.
Though there may be another country in the
neighborhood so close that they are within sight of
each other and the crowing of cocks and barking of dogs
in one place can be heard in the other, yet there is no
traffic between them, and throughout their lives the two
peoples have nothing to do with each other.

Translated by John C. H. Wu
Interpretation by Bill Bernsen


SIMPLIFY


Not compelled
To visit other
Tai Chi Chuan
Studios/classes/teachers
Other is so close
I can hear the foot stomps
During fast set
I don’t feel compelled
To visit
This poem #80
My guide
For my future
At the depot
Small classes
No desire to travel
Simple food
Clothing
Shelter
Tai Chi Chuan
Schools
When there is traffic
Between schools
It is usually because
Current school
Is not satisfying
Perceived needs
Only visit
Other schools
After I know
My own school
This applies
To other teachers/ classes
Other teacher
Is here
Because Masters
Wants him here
We are two people
On different paths
Which may or may not
Ever cross
This poem
Is how
I live my life
Use this poem
To describe
A school
Small class/school
Few students
No need for modern devices
TV/Radio/Computer
To aid
In getting
New ideas
No need for transportation
Travel away from
Home (studio)
For inspiration
Their weapons are
Used culminating
The garden
Of ideas
Fear not
Others coming
Do not think
About the others
Coming
The secret
Is to miss
The other
(Day, life, place, or time)
Where I Am
Now!
Contentment
Food
Clothing
Shelter
Never doing anything
I might enjoy
Where I live
Work/play
The depot
Truly
Masters’
Ideal place
How I live my life
Living in Ashland, NH
Few people
Cars/airplanes not needed
No place to travel too
Mindful of death
Watch health
Depot a birthplace
Of art/ideas
No crime
Fewer responsibilities
Food/clothing/shelter o.k.
No visiting
Stay home and create
Let the imagination
Travel
Don’t vacation
To other
Nations/notions
Depot
Is contentment
Content
Creating
Tai Chi Ch’uan
Practice/art here
Negate
Entertainment
Not compelled
To do anything
I might enjoy
Alone with my arts
As my company
Fame is like a bee
It has a song
It has a sting
It has a wing
E. Dickenson 19th century poet
My current
Situation
Walden
If you are
Walden
Don’t let it
Concord you
Thoreau away
Feeling this poem #80
At the depot
More and more
Each day
A small class
With serious students
It takes time
For worthy people
To find me
 Be a paper dragon
For the Masters
A lot of people
Quit because
They are weak
And unworthy
Boat\cars not used
Not traveling
To other schools
Weapons/worries
Don’t show them
To others
Don’t demo/mention
Not writing
Student don’t write
To each other
Clothing
Nothing fancy
Practices
Are basic
Pleasure in the fundamentals
Know history of family
A true
Senior student
Is a teacher
Master will refer
Students
Senior students
List of actions
Proper dress
Always answer questions
Have faith in the system
Connect to the Master
They will answer
The questions


Simplify
Have books
But no urge
To read
Don’t’ display weapons
Negate computer
Telephone
Sell cell phone
Notted cords


Pun for nots (knots)
Master only has
To communicate
The “nots”
Knotting
One’s handkerchief
For memory
Be remote
In the moment
Small class = Tao Te Ching #80
Student/teacher
Mentioned
I am antsy
To return to depot
After I go someplace else
I do not feel
Compelled
To visit
Other
Tai Chi Chuan
Schools
Make contact
With the Masters
They will
Come to visit
Be content with
What they give
Let there be
A small studio
With few visitors
Only the ones
That is called
By the art
Masters will come to visit
Perhaps move in
If I am worthy
Don’t explain
What the art is
Nor show
The weapons
Or display
Tai Chi Chuan
Master’s picture
Let them find it
On their own
Nothing in writing
To show
What they are
Let them sense it
Stay with simple
Food/clothing/shelter
Visit the dump a lot
Items will call me
Neighboring studio
With lots of art/ideas
But don’t visit
Unless truly
Called by
The Masters
My ever changing
Current situation
Simply
Satisfied now
Stay home
The universe
Is within
Simplify
It is my spirit
That need to rest
Simplify
As for my current
Year 2018
And beyond
I am content

My life

At the Depot

Friends/family few

Dusty tools many

Transportation transitory

Weapon wither

Communiqué calm

Food/clothing/shelter

Sufficient

Compelled 

To practice alone

Simplify

Surroundings

Secures

Slow Set

11-9-23


Translate