Wednesday, February 24, 2016

7

7


HEAVEN lasts long, and Earth abides.
What is the secret of their durability?
Is it not because they do not live for themselves
That they can live so long?

Therefore, the Sage wants to remain behind,
But finds himself at the head of others;
Reckons himself out,
But finds himself safe and secure.
Is it not because he is selfless
That his Self is realized?


Translated by John C. H. Wu

Interpretation by Bill Bernsen



ARRIVE


After I get to know myself 

Via Slow Set

I must know others 

Via teaching 

I must live for the lineage 

To pass on 

The art 

To others 

By following others

Giving myself up 

Following 

Nature

Environment 

Art

Follow = creative

I like the idea

Of just teaching

At my studio

So, do

The Masters

Durability 

In gestures

Comes from connecting

To previous

And next gesture

Always remain

In the current gesture

Until it is 

Fully expressed

Then I can arrive

In the next gesture

The above is being

In a state

Of knowing 

When enough 

Is enough


Put myself behind

Apprehensively

Finish in front

Of opponent’s intent

Reason

I know myself 

Well enough

To be able 

To advance

To knowing others

Once I can

Know others

I can use

Their senses

This makes me first

Heaven can refer

To the point between

The eyebrows

Earth refers to the

Point just below

The navel

My center of gravity

Remains back/under

Opponent’s center of gravity

It is easy 

To control 

An opponent

Who is using

Intent 

With no root

But difficult 

To control 

An opponent

Who has control of his

Center of gravity

He knows himself

Handle this opponent

By remaining calm

Follow/listen

Let him go first

As I shadow

The Master 

Can give me 

The entire art

In one thought

One thought

Can last a life time

Realizing 

That I don’t

Have to Search

Because it is inside me

I am practicing 

Slow Set

In search of Slow Set

Once I know myself

Then I must live

For others

This is following/listening

Apprehension 

Causes following

Thru apprehension listen

Some stand next 

To the Master

For years

Unaware of him

While others see him once or

Twice a year

And know him well

Because 

They are worthy

I must know myself 

First

Before I can let myself 

Go

Choose

 The hollow space

I will be anchored

And ahead (advancing)

At the same

Time

Spirit is 

Always there

As is gravity

But we lose contact

With them

By just thinking of

Ourselves

I am the conduit

For the energy

From the earth

Going to heaven

Once I realize this

I have realized self

Tai Chi Chuan makes me

Aligned strong and still

So, energy can pass

Reeling silk thru me

From earth to heaven

Do not stop or delay 

The process

Breaking the silk

There is no cessation

In Tai Chi Chuan

Masters 

Are forever

If I connect them

To the earth/China

Thru me

Intent reaches 

Apprehension abides

Tai Chi Chuan student 

Is apprehensive

Finds himself ahead 

Of others 

Because he is apprehensive 

And listening

Be so apprehensive 

I am a wild animal 

Hiding from fame 

Like the Tiger 

Not seen

Reputation will reach far 

Without having 

To reveal myself

Either Tai Chi Chuan

Makes me stronger

Or I quit

As I get stronger

I can handle more

People

Problems

Paradoxes

And a stronger 

Urge to quit 

A test by the Masters

I must master 

Myself first

Others later

How do I become

A Master?

Master myself first 

Spirit 

Is forever/constant 

Gravity is permanent

Why?

Because the two

Are connected

Negate the ego

Become elastic

By first establishing

Root

This makes me 

Apprehension

And behind others

Connect

To others

Before they connect

To me

I establish the elasticity

I find 

 Yin/yang ball

Out front me

Everything must touch

The ball

Before touching me

This way I know everything

Before it gets to me

I am out 

Of the lope

Therefore, I am 

In the right direction

Serve the art

I will succeed

I never do anything

I might enjoy

A bow cannot 

Be a bow 

Without the help 

Of someone 

Triggering it 

To remain behind

I must not show

What I have 

In mind

Not knowing 

Is a great concealer

Do not do 

Tai Chi Chuan 

Practice for myself

But rather for the lineage

And to improve

The art

Do not think 

That the energy 

Is only coming from me 

I am part of earth 

Realize this 

I can use earths 

Energy freely 

Separate from the earth 

I separate 

From the lineage

Spirit 

Is everlasting 

Earth gravity 

Is very old

I choose 

To be last

I am following/listening

So, I will become first

To understand

Become part 

Of heaven

 Part of earth/China

Thru Tai Chi Chuan

Live forever

The art is forever

It is made 

From spirit and gravity

It is art

If it is forever

Gestures are the art

The secret 

Of connecting

Spirit and gravity

Man is

The bow 

In between

Let earth pull

Yin down

Using yang energy

Let spirit pull the yang up

Using Yin energy

Once in place

Move with nature

My own nature

A fulcrum exists 

To weight

Yin and yang exists 

For the fulcrum

Spirit and gravity 

Exists for man

Who is the fulcrum

Torso/top opens 

To heaven

Arms/horizontal 

Circles the earth

Bottom gives up 

To gravity

Remain behind

Is following

Following is

Listening

Listening is

Getting to know myself

Following/listening is

Knowing others

Spirit and gravity

Is the bow

Lineage is the string

Tai Chi Chuan is the arrow

Man controls the energy

Listen

With the fulcrum

Apprehension abides

Tai Chi Chuan student is

Apprehensive

Finds himself 

Ahead of others

Because he is apprehensive

And following/listening

Listen!

Give up

Follow

Nature

Time

Space

Masters

Live for the everlasting lineage

Art and Tai Chi Chuan

Be last and listen

Be a centrifuge 

Hollow 

I will be filled

Follow

Detached

Tai Chi gesture

Remain behind

Listen/follow

Find myself ahead

With apprehension

Retreat 

Be safe

Realize myself first

Thru slow set then others

Thru push hands

Heaven/spirit

And earth/gravity

Meet at center of gravity

Give up

To gravity

To pull spirit

Spirit can pull

Me from gravity

Results in elasticity

Receive 

Don’t project

Avoid conflict

Past/present/future

Life and death

Two sides

To the same coin

Yin and Yang

Two sides

To the same idea

Spirit and gravity

Two sides

To the same person

Treat myself

As if I am

Foreign to myself

I am in the sense

That I am 

What other people

Made me 

Not me

I am like

Heaven and earth

I follow

The Masters

Students follow me

If they don’t

They have not connected

To the lineage

When I was an infant

I was for myself

With help from others

Then older

I become dependent

On the others

To the point of

Forgetting myself

Living others 

Ideas and lives

Eventually I am not myself but

What others made me

The test is if I stop

Will others continue on

This is the students leaving me

Or me leaving them

It is like lightening

Coming from the sky

But really coming

From the earth up

Tai Chi Chuan 

Journey

Is like life

I am born

Learn Tai Chi Chuan

Next

On my own

Teach Tai Chi Chuan

Next

Have a child

Produce a student/teacher

Next

Get wise

Become a Master  

Next

Die but live on

Thru my students

Everlasting

Tai Chi Chuan 

Is ceaseless

Like heaven and earth

To be eternal

One must forget self

Follow nature

To support the art

Spread it

Really means

To join 

The eternal nature

One lives 

For the other

Heaven (spirit)

Lives for

Earth (gravity)

And vice versa

One cannot live

Without the other

Reckons himself out

No students

But finds himself 

Safe and secure

Must realize

Masters are always taking

Care of me

The test

Endless tests

I am realizing self

Spirit and gravity

Afford a form

To the me

I afford it 

To my students

Endure

 By not living 

For myself only

Live for the school

Put myself behind 

The school

I will be preserved 

Spirit needs 

A mind and body 

To exist 

Gravity needs 

A body and mind 

To exist 

Hence

Tai Chi Chuan 

Endurance

Identity 

Comprehended

Found body bow

Know fulcrum

Weigh others

Stay balanced

I live 

For Masters

Of art/Tai Chi Chuan

Confirmed by me

Being a straw dog

Paper dragon

Spirit/gravity 

Everlasting

Ego balancing

Not vice versa

Live long

For the lineage

Masters/China

Endures

Via Tai Chi Chuan

Students

Spirit and gravity

Connection

Thru me

Is the oneness

Find it in

Yu Pei Shih

Alert

Knowing self

Via Tai Chi Chuan

Will merge

Spirit and gravity

Masters and China

Nature rules

Follow it

With physics

Tai Chi circle

Of living

Live

For the lineage

Lineage

Lives for me

Isolate

For insight

Enlightenment

Riding

The enteral

Elevator

Bow to bow

To be eternal

Lineage

Gives

Lengthy

Legacy

I sing

The body

Elastic

Egoless

Student is eternal

For everlasting

Enlightenment

Durability

Is revealed

In ward-off

Rollback

Press

Push

The secret

To endurance

Tai Chi Chuan

Lineage

Is eternal

Follow Master

Be fulfilled

For future

Hibernate

To avoid

Harassment

From

Hedonism

Being last

Reveals

The circle

Of being first

Which will

Fulfill

Future

Tai Chi Chuan

Passive 

Pledge

Like a doctor’s 

Oath  

Do no harm

Tai Chi Chuan

Omnipotent

Spirited gestures

Seek the unknown

Gravity support

Discovery

Tai Chi fulcrum

Located in tan tien

Controls

Where to go

What to do

How to do it

When/why

Tai Chi student

Sojourns  

Spiritually 

With Master

Salvation 

Being an egoless

Everlasting 

Endeavor

Spirit eternal

Gravity deep-rooted

Unite throughout

Slow Set

Seeking future

Supported by past

1-7-24

11-24-23

 

 

 

 

 

Translate