Wednesday, February 24, 2016

12

12
THE five colors blind the eye.
The five tones deafen the ear.
The five flavors cloy the palate.
Racing and hunting madden the mind.
Rare goods tempt men to do wrong.
Therefore, the Sage takes care of the belly, not the eye.
He prefers what is within to what is without.

Translated by John C. H. Wu
Interpretation by Bill Bernsen


INSTINCT
See with insight
5 senses depend
On the 6th sense
Go by instinct
Is really
Masters
Using me as a vehicle
Fuel is Jing/Chi
Use eyes
Follow movements
Use ears
Follow sound
(Direction/distance)
Use smell /taste
Follow intent
If the other
Senses fail
Trying to speed up
Senses only causes
Malfunction
Maddens the mind
Above all interferes
With the sixth sense
Five senses
Limited by nature
Can reach their acme
For survival
Tai Chi Chuan
Can heighten
All the senses
For example
The Bushman of Africa
Can see
Moons of Jupiter
Hear a jet plane 50 miles off
Can run for 50 miles
Looking for food
To survive
I practice Tai Chi Chuan
For my survival
When practicing
Demoing
Prefer what is
Going on inside
Rather than outside
If I feel it
Master
Will see it
Take inside truth
Over outside
Deception
The five senses
Can’t stay still
But if we let
Them move
Without leaving
Stillness behind
Nothing can harm us
Eat with
My eyes
When full
Stop
Student wants


Mind wants
Body suffers
Masters guides me
Anything
That does not
Take me in a direction
Adding insight
To the Art
Is wrong
My five senses
Tell me
This is wrong
May be right
In the teaching
From the Masters
If I don’t like something
Search deep within
Feel what the
Masters feel about it
Distinction  
Within me and without me
Perception, consciousness, awareness
If I allow
Master will make
Corrections within me
Only if I am worthy
Demonstrate
From within
Rather
Than the outward
Don’t let myself
Be pulled off balance
From the observers
Use receptive eyes
From earth’s energy
My roots/foundation
I will be like a tree
When practicing/demoing
Prefer what is going
On inside
Rather
Than outside
If I feel it
Master will see it
If I allow
Master will make
Adjustments
Do not let things
Interfere
With daily practices
Make practice instinctive
Instinct comes from within
It is the secret
To animal essence
Use the triangle
When thinking
About things
The closer
The thing or person is
Narrower my
Focus on it
Prefer what
Is within
Hearts of others
Rather than outward
Hand gestures
Like shaking hands
With the heart or hand
6th sense can tell
Many things
Blocking
Me seeing and listening
Must just go around them
Secret to push hands
Go for the hollow center
Sense it
Fill it
Vision
5 colors
Cloud the eyes
Smell
5 odors
Confuse the nose
Hearing
5 tones
Dilemma the ears
Taste
5 flavors
Puzzle mouth
Use sixth sense
To see spirit
In color, sound, taste, noise, odor
All the tests
Of the spirit
Outer affects
The inner
Inner affects
The outer
6th sense
Is like a fulcrum
The senses make
No sense
It is better
To be senseless
Compact all
5 senses into one sense
The 6th sense
Now that makes sense
If I merge
With the Masters
My instincts
Are their instincts
All that has come before
Use the sixth sense
Do not do anything
That interferes
With the lineage
If I do the Masters
Will make the correction
Find and connect
To the lineage
Using
Tao Te Ching
Entertainment
Makes the mind
Go wonder
Take care
Of center of gravity
It is the only
One I have
Stop looking out there
To understand
Because answer
Is in the center of gravity
Not the center of the eye
Push hands
To soon
Impedes progress
Prefer
The foundation
Of the gesture
To the intent
Of the gesture
Live
By gut feeling
It is thinking
With the center of gravity
And fulcrum
Tai Chi Gestures
With the heart
Not the eye
Use the 6th sense
This is really
Masters speaking
Use
Sixth sense
First
Prefer the euphoric
Feeling inside
To the external pleasures
Epiphany
Is more valuable
Than Tiffany
Being a tree
Rooting to China
Feeling the magnetic
Pull of the earth
Taking worries away
Intent away
Leaving a vacuum
For the spirit
Of the Masters
Like a tree
Do not see or hear
Nor race to the sky
Changes in the tree and thee
Growth not seen
If stared at
Entertainment diverts
Tempts immoral
I feel weak
Situation
I am in
Is taking all
My strength
Should be getting
Energy
Form others things
Warding off that which
Takes my strength
Focus on the heart felt
Prefer
The 6th sense
To develop
Tai Chi Chuan
Gestures
Watch
Blind man’s gestures
6th sense
Is the Masters
Directing
Supported
By my
Kow Towing
Abandon
Entertainment
Cultivate creativity
6th sense in heart
Tai Chi Chuan is not
From the 5 senses
It is from the 6th sense
Entertainment
Maddens the mind
Interferes with creativity
Live
For the fulcrum
Be aware
Of inspiration
Chi Kung
Is madding/erratic
Tempts
The wrong path
Answers
Are in
I
Not in eye
Look at all
With a fulcrum
Entertainment
Is a diversion
Madding and erratic
Lures
A mistaken path
Use my fulcrum
Not my senses
Weight everything
With center of gravity
And fulcrum
Entertainment
Deadens
Turn it off
Must create
With the 6th sense
Tai Chi Chuan
Is not entertainment
It is creating art
Prefer
Internal feeling
Focus on hub
Not spokes
Prefer
What is inside body
During slow set
Not how it looks
To others
Worthy will see
5 senses
Always receive  
Only reject
When threatened
Like sneezing or coughing
Intent with senses
Cause depressions
Prefer apprehension
Not intent
Focus on
Body bow
Not the arrow
Gestures
Other’s ideas
Get in the way
Causing wonder
Ward off/Rollback/Press/Push
I do not need
My senses
To experience Masters
Searching
For the Masters
With the 5 senses
Is madding
I don’t do anything
That I might enjoy
All external
Objects/ideas
Pull me off balance
Don’t dilute
The form
Seeking things
Out there
Discriminate, discriminate
Possessions interfere
With practice
Rare knowledge
Of the form
Keeps me practicing
Searching
For change
Causes
Change with change
Open heart
To the Masters
They will direct
During practice
Relinquish
Family, friends and foe
Burdens
Live for my center
Not theirs
Relate to my center
Take them
Into my mind
They adapt
To my center
If they are stronger or better
Don’t try
To move their center
Rather stick
To their center
Follow from my center
Result in
Push Hands
Elasticity
Maintaining
The primitive
Simplicity
Of the slow set
Via
Center of gravity
All my senses
Are connected to
My center of gravity
Imagine
In my mind
Not other’s
Bones can be broken
Clothes can not
Clothes can
Be twisted
Into knots
Bones cannot
Be knotted
Once I find
My center
Understand
Centrifugal force
Then seek outward
With
Senses including
Sixth sense
Ting Jing
Listening energy
Listen first
To the teacher
(Master) this will teach
Listening
To others  
Applications
In push hands
Hidden
In Slow Set
Practice will reveal
Lack of intent
Does not hinder
Applications
Discriminate
Approach knife set
My heart
Not my head (senses)
Head (ego)
Will be
Chopped off
Doing knife form
In my head
Will be nothing more
Than empty gestures
Knife set is to extend
The heart felt
Eating
Have the five senses
See food
Smell food
Taste food
Hear food
Touch food
The 6th sense
Knowing what to eat
What not to eat
Must use all senses
To survive
Touching
Down is more
Natural
Than touching up
Because of gravity
Touching up is
Physically difficult
Because of
Force of gravity
Holding down
I use the force of spirit
To assist Touch up
And gravity
To touch down
Vying spirit
First stay
With my center
Then seek
Other’s centers
Who reveal themselves
Because most
Do not have
The control
Of their center
Trying to learn
That which I am not
Ready for yet
Impedes my progress
In Slow Set
Does not allow
The body
To understand itself
The ego tries
To take over
Keep on guard
Outside me
Looking for a reason
To protect myself
Real or imagined
Within
When I see
What is within others
By looking from without
Then I have the within
Probably show it
From without
Push hands opponent’s within
What I am after
Try to attack him with
My without
I become without
Without the above information
I will never become within
With Masters
Help
Select this
Not that
Seeing
Light Yang/Dark Yin
Is always there
Smelling
Love/death
Is always there
Hearing
Noise/silence
Is always there
Tasting
Good/bad
Always there
The above add up to
6th sense
Is forever there
Nature will enhance
Other senses if
I lose one sense
Go blind
Touch will be
More sensitive
Renounce
The outward
5 senses
Develop within  
6th sense
Connect center
To 6th sense
First in form
Then in push hands
Self......others
I prefer
What is within
Gestures ensure
What is out
Prefer what is coming
From within
Rather that outside
From others
Merge with nature
Feel inside is right
It is part of nature
Therefore it is true
Don’t delude
The art
Discriminate
What goes into it
Includes the people
Who want to learn it
Masters make
This decision
Look at everything
With an open heart
See the essence of it
Feel with my gut
Whether to fear, flee, or feed
Upon it
Can I merge
With head (idea)
With the heart (spirit)
The belly feeling (chi)
Chi is stored
In the belly
Spirit in the heart
Ching in the mind
Ching Chi Spirit = person
Flu enhances
The senses greatly
Very sensitive skin
Eyes water
Nose sneezes
Mouth coughs
Ears plug
For protection
When I am sick
Just thoughts
Of reinforced body’s
Fight against
The attack enhance
Tai Chi Chuan ward-off
Principles
Of push hands
Knowing others
Sensing/understanding
Thru touch/skin
Cooperative patterns/principles
Balanced energy/movement
Central pivot
Circling hands
First year for structure
One chi 10,000 times "rotation"
Stickiness develops
No pushing
Opponent or principles
Listening to intent
Invest in loss
No pushing
Center will disappear
The following year
Sticking/listening combines
Intercepting energy suddenly
Never be pushed again
Hear; neutralize
Interpret
Lifting will appear
Opponent’s center is always there
Still no pushing
Just lift bigger and faster
This is discharging (issuing) energy
Cricket feelers
Fixed single or double or moving Da Lu
Vigilant as if he were under control
It’s not out there
It is in here
Use the 6th sense
To experience it
Searching for
One Jing/Chi
Connection
Weapons/push hands
Not too soon
Use a fulcrum
To see/hear/touch/taste/smell
Don’t do anything
Others might
Enjoy
Tai Chi Sense
Is 6th sense
Live by Tai Chi Sense
Things make sense
Hedonism
Hinders
Heart
Internal
6th sense
Not external
5 senses
Prefer
The 6th sense
In Slow Set
Wise
To listen
To the waist
Commander
The news
Neuters
Private
Practice
Focus on
What is within
And you will be
Without doubts
First receive
With the 5 senses
This is listening
With the 6th sense
Sleep/dream
To distinguish
This is feeling
The outward
To inward
Tai chi awareness
Sixth sense
Makes sense
Of the situation
Merging
Spirit/gravity
Becomes
The 6th sense
To be within
Be without
Practice gestures
From inward
To outward
Perceive
With the 5 sense
Then 6th sense
Will take over
Instinctive
Shopping
The sixth sense
Makes the most
Sense
Use the 5 senses
With the 6th sense
Apprehension

Be frugal

With senses

Discerning

With desire

Hedonism

Halts

The hero

Sixth sense

Practice

My radar

Awareness

Like a colony

Of bats

In a cave

Live 

For the lineage

Not 

For a legacy 

Seek

Secrets of 

Tai Chi Chuan 

Use 6th sense

Chasing

Solution

With past

Answer

Negates

Epiphany

Slow Set

Uses 6th sense

To perfect

5 senses

Use 6th sense

Gather within

Be without

Want 

12-4-22

 

Translate