Wednesday, February 24, 2016

72

72
WHEN the people no longer fear your power,
It is a sign that a greater power is coming.
Interfere not lightly with their dwelling,
Nor lay heavy burdens upon their livelihood.
Only when you cease to weary them,
They will cease to be wearied of you.
Therefore, the Sage knows himself,
But makes no show of himself,
Loves himself,
But does not exalt himself.
He prefers what is within to what is without.
Translated by John C. H. Wu
Interpretation by Bill Bernsen


DISCRIMINATE


No longer 
Fear pain 
Mental/physical 
In practice
A sign 
Of becoming 
A warrior
Adopt concerns
Of Master as my own
This will be revealed
In tests
Only when I stop
Worrying
About the Masters’ tests
Will they end
Head/spirit lifting
Lifting the history 
Of Tai Chi Chuan  
When students
No longer listen to me
Masters are dealing
With them
Always 
Honor/respect
The lineage  
It is the secret 
To the martial arts
If students
Don’t respect me
They will not be 
Respected 
By the lineage 
The teacher
That does not respect
The worthy student’s needs
Will end up
With no students
Things 
Not going right 
At sign that something 
New is coming
Another Masters’ test
When the student 
Is no longer interested 
In news/entertainment
There will be a greater
Understanding
Of the Tai Chi Chuan 
If the student is worthy
If student loves
Tai Chi Chuan
They love me
I can connect them
Hence we have
Tai Chi Chuan
When opponent
No longer senses
My intent
There is a high level
Of Tai Chi Chuan coming
When beginning students 
No longer come 
To class
Means 
They are not worthy
When the body
No longer
Uses force
Means a new energy
Is coming
Stop projecting 
Student’s future 
Is not up to me
It is the Masters job
When students 
No longer wants 
To study with me 
Means 
One of two things
Fully connected 
To the Masters 
Or being rejected 
From the art 
Be strong
Or else head leans
Body collapses
From pressure 
From above
Tai Chi Chuan 
Aligns your body bow
Have a strong 
Foundation 
In the art 
If not 
Fall over like 
An uprooted tree
Be strong enough 
To take Master’s 
Teachings
Perhaps if they
Do not fear
They love
Two sides
To same coin
Prefer 
Slow set 
Over applications
To understand
Applications
Makes no show 
Of self
No   bragging 
Just work on  form 
Those that see it 
Will follow 
But I move first 
Learn 
From students
They are the conduit 
To the Masters
The only way 
To learn Tai Chi Chuan
Is to teach it
Performing more 
What is inside 
Rather than outside
It is what makes for 
A great teacher
Prefer the yin 
To the yang
No longer want
To practice it is a sign
That a new practice
Is coming
Prefer internal 
Expressed 
Outwardly
Being without within
 Is not preferable
Master 
Replenishes
Seek the artist 
Within
Not others art 
Do without 
Knows self
Might take 27 years
Or now 
No longer fear
Masters power
Worthy don’t worry
About total merge
With them
When current students 
No longer 
Come to class
It means 
I have accomplish all 
I can with them
Students 
Difficulty changing 
With my change 
Few seem 
To be changing 
With change 
Assume concerns
Of the lineage
Concerns 
Of the Master 
Concerns
Getting to know 
Others
Teach 
What is within
To what is without
Form over function
Alignment then weapons
Prefer 
What is in heart
Rather than hand
All gestures 
Start 
In heart 
Open it 
Listen/lift/lineage 
Concerns 
Of masters 
As my own 
Can’t if not connected
Listen to what comes in
If it is good 
Keep it
If it is evil 
Ward it off
I can do this now
That I am listening
When I no 
Longer fear 
“Riding the Dragon” 
I have tamed 
The Dragon
Within
Calmly 
Relax down 
In foundation 
A new energy 
Will ascend 
Adopt Masters
Intent
As my own
Teaching


Quietly 
Attend 
The seminar
When they
 No longer 
Feel
My intent
I am doing 
Tai Chi Chuan
Think it 
Don’t say it 
Listen 
Camp demeanor 
Worthy ones will see 
Adopt concerns 
Of the school 
As their own
When non-worthy 
Students
Stop coming to class
Means I have reached
A new level
Felt 
Masters pulling
And  
Me pulling 
At same time
This is opening
Tai Chi is passive 
Adopt 
Master’s concerns
When body 
No long 
Fears force 
Great power 
Appears
Use force
Get attacked
Pain subsides
Insights arise
Don’t put students 
Into practice prison
It restricts progress
Cause injury 
To body or mind
During practice
Pain the art
Go thru some pain
To know
But make 
No show
Work on 
What I have 
Rather what I think 
Others what 
Fa Jing 
Is a good example
Seeking the far
Everyone wants it 
The more chased after
The more uprooted they get
When the students
Don’t respect the Master
Then greater fear
Is about to arrive
That is deserting
If students think
About what I taught
At their home/work
Then I am a teacher
Do not narrow 
Their time/space
Know own power
But do not display it 
Don’t go
To them
They must come
To me
Keep mouth shut
To discriminate
I prefer the changes 
From the Masters 
Thru me rather 
That the changes 
The students want 
If student fear
My power
Then I don’t really
Have any control
Do not harass
Too much quantity
Not enough quality
If I don’t 
Have confidence 
In them 
Then they will not 
Have assurance 
In me
Don’t be concerned
If a student
Is not connected yet
To the lineage
Or drifting from it
The Masters will deal
With the worthy
Know self
Connected
To the lineage
Always remember this
Do slow set
Connection 
To Masters
Learning 
To concentrate
Somewhere else
Interfere not lightly 
With what they
Are pondering
They will be diverted 
From their job 
By the Masters 
Once they get over
Their own past
They will cease
To weary past
They will cease
To be
Wearied of me
They will cease
To be wearied
Of the present
This takes place 
In the future
I personally can 
Do anything 
That will give them 
An excuse 
To quit
A Masters’ test 
If a student 
Does not respect 
The lineage 
They will stall or quit
Teacher 
Should recognize
His own attitudes/compulsions
But never expression them
To opponents
Realize 
That I represent
The lineage 
And anything 
I do reflex on it 
Lying on the couch 
With my 3 year old son 
Watching cartoons TV
Suddenly I realized 
He felt like 
An extension of me  
Must get this feeling others
Family, friends and foes
When the students
No longer need me
It means that either
They are now connected
To the Masters
Or they are lost
Jing (Masters) are in 
Hands during 
Kai He style  
When current students 
No longer come to class
It means 
I have accomplish
All I can with them 
Some are having difficulty 
Changing with change
Avoid 
Irrational energy
Do not call students 
They must call 
The teacher
Don’t ask students 
For anything 
That has to do 
With their professions
Doctor/dentist/mechanic etc.
I cannot interfere
With Masters 
Instruction
If I am following 
The Masters 
And my students 
Are following me
This is reeling silk 
Change with Change
Quite often the Masters
Will test me
And my students
Resenting somebody
Uses up energy
Better to use 
That energy 
In a more productive
Way 
Practice 
When students
No longer feel
My intent 
Then I am 
Doing Tai Chi Chuan
This is passive
So be apprehensive 
About how I get it
This hides intent
Know self-first
Be open
To the concerns
Of the Masters
As my own
Means I have merged
With them
When family/friend/foes 
No longer pay attention 
To me 
I will reach 
A higher level
Do not call/visit/pay attention 
To them
Prefer what is in me
Rather than what is in them
This is getting 
To know self-first
Lots of repairs 
Taking place
Love Tai Chi Chuan 
Within
Show it outwardly
When students
No longer study
With me means
They are not worthy
To study 
With me
Must know self before
The Masters know 
Masters will guide
This all takes place inside
Heartfelt
When others 
No longer want 
To study with ne 
It means I am working 
On my own oneness
When students
No longer
Come to class
They are not worthy
I have reached 
A higher level
Adopt concerns
Of Master
Is the connection
This reveals
The worthy
Be the conduit
To the lineage
Negate personal
Both directions
Ward off and rollback
Proper in push hands
Undertake the concerns
Of the Master
Kow tow
To the students
Achieve it
The worthy
Will come
Practice
Passivity
Don’t call students
If they are worthy
They will call me
Prefer
Solo practice
To classes
Quarantine
Intent
Expose
Apprehension

Do not teach

Those who

Are unworthy

Quarantine

Others

Queries 

Concerns

Of the lineage

Are my concerns

Quarantine

Ego

Isolate

Intent

Love

Legacy

When old

Injury/illness

Phantom

Symptoms

Recurs

It is a sign of 

Rejuvenation

Master’s

Personality

Pleasing

Passive 

Private

To be conceited

Is to be estranged

From students

Progress

Tai Chi Chuan

Negate

Animosity

Aimed at 

Adversary

A pivotal

Self defense

Adopt

Concerns of 

Master

An introduction

To lineage

11-3-23 

     

 

 

 

 

 

Translate